Tuesday 29 December 2009

PLAYWORKS: 'Building Play'

When I was little I found nothing more exciting than pushing the furniture together and creating networks of dens in the living room with duvets, sheets, boxes and whatever I could get my hands on. I conceived the ‘building’ workshop, giving children the chance to share the excitement of building and making whilst playing communally and on a scale that is not possible at home. The workshop is based on the idea of building at 1:1 and using one’s imagination to appropriate everyday objects and materials to create transient imaginary environments.

'Play Trestles'




I developed the idea of the 'play trestles' to be used in place of furniture, providing a ready made spatial framework to actuate the building process. They are also moveable and demountable, making them easy to assemble and take apart before and after the workshop.



No comments:

Post a Comment